This weekend was somehow enlightening. I spent it in bed due to the most annoying cold, with a few lines of fever, a rain of sneezes and the energy to barely get up and wee. Also, I was grounded from video games and Netflix – which is a huge torture, if you ask me; never, ever get grounded when you’re sick.
On the bright side, it gave me a lot of time to think – more than I ever wanted – and my mind wandered into the world of story ideas I have had in the past year but never put on paper (blog). I thought about the many promises I made to you that I didn’t keep, the many times I should have posted and could not bring myself to write.
So I came up with this
utterly stupid, masochistic suggestion: let’s have a Spankostory Seasonal Challenge.
Now, what is that? It’s a challenge I’m throwing to myself, but also to each and every one of you who feels they need some extra motivation to write: let’s write (at least) a story per season.
Here are the few rules of the SSC:
- You have to write at least one story for every season of the year (that means around 4 stories a year – acceptable, right?). If you don’t, you will get a spanking (be it self-spanking or doled from a Toppy someone of your choice) and you will have to post about it.
- The stories don’t have to be season-related (but it’d be a bonus if they contained a hint to the season – could be a detail, a line or whatever).
- You can choose to actually accept the challenge at your own terms (which means, make it a two-seasons challenge, pick specific themes for every story, choose a different consequence – though I think the official one would work and force you to write one way or another).
- The stories can be of any length and type (this really is to motivate yourself to write, so that means even chapters of a story would be good, so long as you write and publish something).
- They can be multi-hand stories and will count as good for all of the involved writers.
- For those who like to participate in Alyx’s Christmas exchange, yes, the stories for her gift exchange can be used as winter seasonal stories.
- Last rule: of course there will be special spanking free tokens for those who have health problems or other things that objectively stop them from writing for three months in a row, or make their life especially complicated for a while.
So what do you think? Is anyone in on this? I know I will give it a shot for one full-blown year, and if it doesn’t work – well, I’ll just have to accept the trouble I’m getting myself into.
Please, let me know if you decide to join in. Remember to hashtag your stories #spankostoryseasonalchallenge or just #SSC. And good luck!
Ps. if you have any questions feel free to post them below!
Pps. The challenge isn’t only for spankos or writers in the spanking section, though I guess the terms would work best for those into TTWD. Food for thoughts.